We will use this for gym updates and/or changes related to status of COVID-19
Hub City Updates
MASKS are NOT Required
Class Size is NOT limited
Please clean your equipment after use.
Athletes are requested to reserve sessions and sign-in is required
Reservations can be made up to 72 hours prior to session times.
Click Here for a link to the Oregon Health Authority Guidance for Fitness Facilities
As you know, the world is being overwhelmed by the coronavirus, COVID-19.
While the hype is certainly real, the severity of this outbreak cannot be ignored.
Our #1 priority is your health. We are taking extra precautions at the gym to help keep you and your loved ones safe.
You must wash your hands upon entering and leaving the gym.
Our culture is already very good about cleaning our equipment and we want to encourage you to continue to do so. If you want to be extra safe, wipe before as well.
We are adding to our routine cleaning schedule to include additional bathroom and main floor cleaning.
Our coaches will be helping make sure everything is wiped down, wiping down doors and other high traffic areas as well. Feel free to jump in and help them out!
If you are feeling unwell, or have any symptoms of illness, we advise you to stay home. The same goes for the kiddos.
Let’s continue to be diligent in our cleanliness not only for ourselves but for our entire gym family.
Check the CDC for the latest information.
Hey Hub City CrossFit family,
We wanted to use this page to talk a little about health.
Whether the world is experiencing a global pandemic or not, your immune system is the first line of defense against any type of sickness.
A strong immune system plays a huge role in whether a person gets sick, how long sickness lasts, and sometimes, whether a person survives or not.
An important thing revealed during this pandemic is that we have control over our MODIFIABLE risk factors. Obesity, heart disease, diabetes, and other metabolic/systemic inflammatory conditions were shown to have the highest risk for fatality with COVID-19.
Our fitness and lifestyle choices impact our MODFIABLE RISK in a positive way!
Let's run through a few points...
...to remind everyone what they can do to keep those immune systems fired up.
- Breath. Your breath is incredible and the most important tool for good health. It is your foundation. If you know nothing of breath work, you'll find safety information HERE and a breathwork exercise HERE.
- Sleep. Sleep is a place for recovery. For the best sleep:
- Turn off screens and dampen the lighting in your home 2-3 hours before bed.
- Stop eating 2-3 hours before bed. Digestion is work. We don't work while we sleep.
- Very light breath work as you are lying down to fall asleep
- Mushrooms. Reishi, Turkey Tail, and Agarikon mushrooms/supplements have been shown to have incredible effects on human immune systems.
- Nutrition. I'll leave this one to Michael Pollan - "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.”
- Water. Do it. Start every day with a cold shower, an ice bath, a cold water douse, etc. Trust me on this. And drink plenty of it. You're made of it.
Please reach out with any questions, comments, concerns or ideas.